Virginia – First Condominium Approved by Fairfax County in Tysons Transformation Plan

the-arbor-horizontal[1]

The first condominium to be built under Fairfax County’s plan to transform Tyson’s Corner will be The Arbor, a 25-story luxury high rise on the corner of West Park Drive and the Jones Branch Drive Extension.

According to the Fairfax County website (link below):

  • The building will be fashioned as a luxury condo or apartment with up to 140 units.
  • The 202,794 square foot tower incorporates more than 6,000 feet in ground level retail, including a possible eatery with outdoor seating.
  • Most units will have private, balconies, and the building includes a 7,000-square foot landscaped terrace and courtyard with an outdoor pool.
  • Parking will be provided in The Arbor;
  • A 16,500 square foot green space will offer a lawn, plantings and seating, plus a paved connection to the building.

As part of the project proffers, the County required an allotment of at least 20 percent of its total units to be affordable.  These proffers allow the units to be offered either in The Arbor or other buildings in Tysons.  And, only 65 percent of the promised units are guaranteed (onsite or offsite). The developer is authorized to contribute cash for the remaining 35 percent –  from $75,000 to $85,000 per unit, will go to the county’s affordable housing trust fund.

The Arbor Will Be One of the Newest High Rise Condos in Tysons

The newest high rise condo in Tysons will climb up to 25 stories at West Park Drive on the corner with the Jones Branch Drive extension. It will be the first to be built since Fairfax County adopted its plan to transform Tysons.

(Photo Credit: Fairfax County website)

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *